Friday, July 22, 2011

Why Not?

Last Sunday was my niece's 5th birthday party. The party was all about "Tangled." She loves that movie but who doesn't. There was a cookout, a pinata, and of course cake and presents. The girls spent their time going back and forth from the party area and the playground near by. So I found myself running back and forth following them(with a camera). I wanted my brother to have those memories but I also wanted him to be part of those memories.

Which brings me to my question. Why don't photographers specialize in capturing birthday parties? Or maybe they do and we just don't ask. We hire them to capture our weddings, family pictures, and maybe the yearly birthday pose, but why not have them make that day just as special...I know you are all thinking what about cost?

So maybe we don't need a professional, maybe just a good friend or great sister (like me).

 All I know is Adrienne's & Brynlee's birthday party is soon and hopefully I can enjoy it and maybe even make it in a picture this year...anyways it was just a thought.

And if you are wondering...I did not hire a photographer. So I will probably be the one behind the camera at their party;)



No comments:

Post a Comment