Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a little rain won't stop us

What's the worst thing that could happen on the day of a pool party? RAIN!! I know everyone is praying for rain and yes, we need it. But I did not want any this past Sunday.  For the last few months I have been planning a birthday party for Adrienne and Brynlee. We decided to go with a luau theme...it just made sense. 

I had everything ready to go. The family was here, cake and cupcakes were made, and the decor was perfect. But at about 4:00 the clouds started rolling in & at 4:30 the thunder began...I still had hope. The party didn't start until 6:00. So if the storm came it needed to be short and sweet. And it was. But in that short time it managed to knock out the electricity. OH NO!

I talked to the people at the pool to ask if we could still have the party. The said it was up to us...we decided to go ahead with the party & even with all the set-backs the party was a success.











































1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes are adorable!! So happy the party was still a success. Looks like the girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete